Thursday 9 February 2017

9th February 1817: Lancelot Rolleston sends William Burton's further confession to the Home Secretary

My Lord

I have the honour of forwarding your Lordship a further confession made to me on Friday last by William Burton, one of the persons now in confinement at Leicester for the outrage at Loughbro’. The importance of his communication will I trust be an inducement to his Majesty's Government, to extend some favour towards this misguided man, who is very young, & appears highly sensible of his past errors; Should your Lordship wish to see the depositions regarding each particular circumstance, they shall immediately be remitted.

I have [etc]
Lanct. Rolleston.

Watnall Feby 9th

[To: Lord Sidmouth]

This letter can be found at HO 42/159.

No comments:

Post a Comment